diamond

diamond

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Casting the first coal.

While it ultimately comes down to polished execution (something that my book needs more of), every good piece of advertising starts with a good idea. Throughout school, internships and freelance gigs, as an aspiring copywriter I have been taught to start with ideas first when approaching projects. That's why whenever I do any concepting, whether it's for my book or for a client, I start with a piece of paper and a pen or pencil. The initial product usually isn't pretty, even with the help of more than capable art directors. But within the smeared doodles, crumpled up loose leaf and incomplete jumbles of chicken scratch there usually is a diamond in the rough hiding somewhere.

Although the purpose of this blog is to post up rough concepts as they come to me so I can get feedback, find help to execute or just show off a good idea I have; I'd like to kick this blog off with something else. While these doodles and notes are still rough, they were good enough to become realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment